Wenck Associates, Inc. is a successful engineering, environmental, and business services firm with an excellent compensation and benefit package for our employee-owners. We are in our 26th year of business and have been recognized the last five years as one of Minnesota’s best places to work and our environmental compliance practice group is expanding.
We are seeking an Entry-Level or Junior-Level Environmental Assessment Scientist for one of our Twin Cities offices. The successful candidate will assist with performing environmental related assessment tasks including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Subsurface Investigations; assisting clients in identifying appropriate soil sampling, groundwater monitoring, soil gas sampling, field-screening, record-keeping, and reporting protocols, and compile appropriate field notes to assist in the production of environmental assessments. Industry categories served include electric utilities, renewable energy, food/beverage production, agricultural products, miscellaneous manufacturing, papermaking, and mineral products.
- 0 – 3 years of environmental consulting or environmental engineering experience.
- Undergraduate degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, geology, chemistry, biology, or environmental science.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software platform.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Work exposure to one or more industrial facility categories; for example through an internship/co-op assignment, regulatory agency or prior manufacturing experience.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience.